External quality assessment service
Our external quality assessment service programme includes more than 250 External Quality Assessment schemes, covering the key specialities of laboratory medicine. Furthermore, the program includes a wide range of products intended for point-of-care test sites. Currently, more than 8,000 laboratories and POCT sites in Europe and the Middle East use our EQA programs.
Who needs external quality assessment?
Our external quality assessment services are suitable for all laboratory examinations and point-of-care tests. We provide services primarily to clinical laboratories and point-of-care sites, but also to a range of other clients, such as diagnostics companies, research laboratories and veterinary clinics. In most of the countries, participation in external quality assessment is recommended and it is a basic requirement in all quality systems associated with laboratory diagnostics. Participation in EQA is mandatory in some countries in medical laboratories and POCT as well.
Our clients include:
- Clinical laboratories
- POCT sites
- Diagnostics companies
- Universities and research institutions
- Food and environmental laboratories
- Veterinary clinics and laboratories
- Instrument care and maintenance centers
What are the benefits of external quality assessment?
One of the main purposes of external quality assessment is to maintain a high level of patient safety by improving the quality of examination processes. By using our quality assessment services, you will receive a regular, objective assessment of the validity of your measurements. The results of our assessment will serve as a basis for identifying weaknesses in your laboratory processes and test methods and, consequently, improving your performance. Furthermore, external quality assessment is a powerful tool for managing risks and making decisions when procuring new tests.
The benefits of external quality assessment
- Performance indicator for your quality system
- Tool for managing risks and ensuring patient safety
- Indicator for test precision and reproducibility
- Tool for identifying shortcomings in test methods
- Tool for maintaining and improving quality
- Supportive tool for internal quality assessment
- Supportive tool for user training and professional skills maintenance